Byelaw Dispensation

Dispensation against a North Eastern IFCA byelaw may be granted for a fishing activity that would otherwise be prohibited.

Please note that North Eastern IFCA can only grant dispensation from our byelaws, and not from national or international fisheries regulations. You should also consult with the Marine Management Organisation at regarding further dispensation and impact assessment requirements.

Your application form should be submitted not less than 60 days before the proposed start date of any programme of work that requires dispensation. This allows time to process the request and, if required, consult with Natural England with regards to potential impacts on designated features of Marine Protected Areas (MPA). Details of MPAs within the district that need to be considered are available in our Conservation section.

If you have any questions about dispensations please contact

Download the NEIFCA Dispensation Form

Get in touch with us

Have you got a question? Use the form here to ask us, or contact us directly using our details below.

01482 393515

Town Hall,
Quay Road,
YO16 4LP

© Copyright 2024 North Eastern IFCAWeb Design By Toolkit Websites